Can't Access Some Websites

OK, not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes.....

I'm running IE6, my computer is connected on a home network and connects to the internet through one of the other computers.

The problem is I can't access some sites through my computer, however if I move to the PC that is directly connected I can access them. They are standard sites like www.bt.com and www.next.co.uk (nothing dodgy!!!). The computer that connects directly to the internet runs Norton firewall, if that's any help. I'm not sure that my computer is at fault as until two weeks ago, it was this computer that was directly connected to the internet until we moved it, no I can't move it back before you suggest that!!

Any suggestions as to what to look for?

let me explain, the computer connected to the internet directly runs Norton firewall, everything set to minimum, on that computer you can access any site you want. My computer which is connected to the internet computer through a network can't access half of the site, I have no firewall running on my computer.

Is there anything special i need to check on Norton?