Unable to Load Pages While Downloading

der-kaiser

I've got a new desktop which is connected to my house wifi using an USB adaptor. The signal quality is constantly at 5 bars but I find myself frequently having to refresh multiple times whenever I load a new page on the browser either because it's not loading or pictures or not showing. Pages become near impossible to load when i am downloading stuff(torrents, upgrades, games etc). Also noticed other computers in the house are also affecting mine when they are in the process of downloading files. Torrents, updates all make it impossible for me to browse the net. Pages literally refuse to be loaded at all whenever something is downloading. I also have to infrequently refresh pages even when nothing is downloading because it's not loading or pictures are not showing. None of the other computers are affected however.

Any program that requires an internet acess is also struggling to get connected. I had to use direct links to install certain programs such as Adobe reader/flash. It's often impossible to check for updates in programs or even sign on to clients like Steam/Origin which requires a connection. I had to try for ages before it signed in online but it's still having trouble loading images and such.

What is strange however is that I'm having no issues holding a connection when downloading bigger files such as direct downloads, windows update, steam game downloads and torrents. No drop outs that I've noticed. But it is faily slow averaging 400kb/s.

Everything else in my house including my laptop, another desktop, ipad and phone works fine. No issue broswing the net while downloading.

Wireless is connected through an USB adaptor pluged in to the back of my desktop. I've tried two adaptors (ASUS USB-N13 and Linksys AE1200 ) and both of them runs into the same problems. Running windows 8.1 and using ESET NOD32 as an antivirus with the windows firewall turned on. Desktop specs are as follows:

CPU: i5 4670K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
RAM: G.Skill Ares F3-1866C9D-8GAB 8GB (2x4GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series 250GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB

This is extremely frustrating and has never happened with any other computers I've used before. Any suggestions why this is happening? Would really appreciate any help at all since this has been on going ever since I took delivery of this desk top 3 days ago.

The modem/router I'm using is provided by my ISP. It's called a BOB and is a Belkin made model: F1PI243EGau Verson: 1100a.

Also noticed there are some sites that don't seem to be affected. I don't recall having trouble loading facebook(pictures maybe unloaded) or youtube(videos not loaded). A forum I frequent (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/) also has no issues loading. But the majority of sites absolutely refuse to load when something is downloading at the background. The moment I stop the downloads, it'll load up fine although it may require a couple of refreshes sometimes.

The connection also doesn't actually disconnect at all from the wifi when downloading but web pages are just not loading. I literally had to click refresh a couple of dozen times when I'm trying to load a page during a download and even then, sometimes it wouldn't come up. What is strange however is that I'm having no issues with downloading bigger files such as direct downloads, windows update, steam game downloads and torrents. No drop outs that I've noticed averaging 400kb/s.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

It looks I've got perfectly identical problem. Everythink You described is matching to my problem. I thought I could give desktop specs too, so maybe we could faster find the resolution .

Windows 8.1 64

Mobo MSI B85-G43

RAM Crucial ballistix 8bg

CPU i7 4770k

SDD Vertex 4

Network adapter TP-link 722n (also try TP-link 422g)

When I'm connecting to router by etherner, the problem still occurs. I also tried to change anti-virus (avast and kaspersky) but not helped.

The 'thread-starter' was using ESET NOD32 and found that the issue was resolved by:

"adding certain apps to be excluded from Protocol Filtering and that solved everything!"

Answer quoted from here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1945272/unable-load-pages-downloading.html#.

I was trying to disable anti-virus protection - problem still presist.

I thought i could connect to internet via mobile - as yet problem disappeared.

Problem results:

-not appear with windows 7

-appear with windows 8.1

-not appear when connecting via mobile phone

-disabling anti-virus protection not helping

-appear when i connect to router by network adapter(wireless) and by cable (i must checked once again)

So I think the problem could be incompatibility windows 8.1 with network adapter or router.