Solved (sort of)-Browser Anomaly

moon

I've updated my site for a new exhibition but , try as I might, I can't get one link to work in Opera from my machine. The site is built with Frontpage ( to my everlasting shame ) because that's how it was when I inherited it. The link that I can't get to work is embedded in the last image on this page under 'Andrew Walker'

Can someone with a browser other than IE check it out ?

PS. Criticisms on the site welcomed. I'm new to this and all help appreciated. :)

East Coast Artists

Guest nellie2

Well Im looking at it in opera now and the andrew walker link works for me. Pictures of long ladies??

The site looks fine to me............ but I have been for a rummage around before now I must admit :)

Hey, just looking at your site with IE 5.5 though.Couldn't get many of the links to work. Will post back details of which do/don't if you wish. Am impressed with the map shown in "how to locate us". I note it's a gif image but what is the scale of the map and how did you get/produce it? B)

Guest nellie2

I must be on a super dooper connection cos they all worked for me... back in slimbrowser now which is a sort of IE6 extension.

I like that picture Blue Moon by Glynne James

nellie, yep, that's the one , at the bottom of the page link I posted. I wonder why it won't work on my machine ? All the others are fine in Opera. I'll try it on another machine but I'd like to get to the bottom, if you'll pardon the expression :rolleyes: , of why it won't work on this one. Yep, Glynne James is kewl. B)

doug, I didn't make that gif. I inherited this site . You can easily make one though and link it to ' Routefinder' like mine. Just find an online map of your area , to the scale you want, and copy it. Use any graphic tool, even MS 'Paint' , to select a shape out of it ( probably thereby circumnavigating any copyright problems B) ) and save it . You can resize it to suit afterwards. Make it a hyperlink to 'Routefinder' and you're away.

Well, I don't have the Opera problem on my other machine. Quite why this machine cannot see one particular link is beyond my current understanding. Not that I know much about currants. :D

Another problem for anybody skilled with Frontpage. :rolleyes: I can't change the font colour of the hyperlinks. They keep reverting to blue in 'Page View' and invisible mauve in ' Preview' How's it done ?

Guest nellie2

I think if you choose properties from the File menu you will get the page properties box. If you click on the background tab you can change your colours there. I think