Where is my typing situated

Hi, I am just getting used to Windows 8 never mind Windows 8.1 and to be honest I am struggling. My latest problem that I wish to amend Autocorrect, add words, capitalise at start of sentences etc. I have viewed a video on YouTube and it tell me to go to 'settings' then 'pc and devices' then 'typing'. Thats as far as I get because all have then is an option for Spelling with sliders saying 'off,on' I cannot for the life of me find what I want. I am getting frustrated with Windows 8 and it is stopping my using my Laptop to it full potential. Will someone please help me. Thank you so much for reading

Just had a bright idea for once, hopefully I have added a picture

Sorry about typo in header, cant change to bl***y thing lol

post-26766-0-59883900-1395070097_thumb.j

Hello, welcome to Windows Forum. :D

First easy answer:

Use the More Reply Options button on the bottom right to access your title and other full editing options - please see thumbnail below:

post-5852-0-98797900-1395073082_thumb.pn

However, on with your other problems.

Are you using MicroSoft Word on your Windows 8 laptop? Is so, which version?

I have looked through this already but it does not help me. I would like to know why I only have the spelling option In PC and devices when I should also be able to alter mine like this. As you can see I have settings missing, I only have the top one which is spelling. Thank you

post-26766-0-67570300-1395217380_thumb.j

I found the YouTube video - In the comments below, there were others with the same problem.

Did you notice this reply from the author to a person with only the same option as you:

Open PC Settings, click any back arrows, click PC and Devices and then click Typing. Right now, after the latest update I see three. Optionally, you can right-click Start, click Control Panel, and click Ease of Access. Under Ease of Access center, look for Change how your keyboard works. There are some items there.

Perhaps one of our other members who have Windows 8.1 will be able to contribute.