Windows 7 Networking

Kenton

So, I don't know what I need to post for ya'll to get the information you guys need 'cause I have been using Linux for a while... Please tell me what to post but here's the problem...

I can't get Wifi or Ethanet, but I can get Bluetooth to use my phone to get to the internet. I have tried to update the driver but it says it can't find any drivers.

It's a Toshiba Satellite P75 - A.

I used to have Windows 8... But I needed to do something with Windows 7 that I couldn't do with 8.

Please help?

Edit: If this isn't in the right place, my apologies.

So, I did all that and I searched for the driver for the Network Controller but it can't find one.

These are the Hardware ID's...

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_73
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_0280
Edit: The yellow exclamation marks are in: Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, SM Bus Controller, Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller, and Unknown Device. I know for sure that it can't find the drivers for the first two on its own.

So, I did that. I did the first Wireless driver that was there; Installed it all. Still doesn't work. I will edit this later now that I have to go but...

It is a Satellite P75-A7100 Windows 8.1...

It no longer has Windows 8.1 on it. Windows 7 now. I will come back and edit this later when I have more time.

Edit: I tried the Application tc70173300g but it didn't work. I believe that was the...

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver

Posted Date: 2013-11-06 | Version: 2.00.0002 | Size: 68.55M

Hmm... I still don't know. :(

You have not said what type of Windows 7 you have installed. Is it 32bit or 64bit ? There are different drivers for each version.

They also fit more than one different wireless device to that range, so you may not have a Realtek in it.

Did you try the Atheros Wireless LAN Driver ?

There is also an Intel Wireless LAN Driver.

• 2 years later...

Try re-installing the driver.

Go to Device Manager (through Control Panel)
Click Network Adapters
Right Click the Ethernet, Network and WiFi Drivers, and select Uninstall.
DO NOT click the box that says "Delete all info..." leave it unchecked.
Wait a moment.
Click up the top and "Search for Plug and Play/New Hardware" and it will reinstall the Drivers.
Should hopefully fix the problem.

If you see any of the drivers with Yellow Triangles they need reinstalling, if this doesn't work, you then need to use another PC, go to the manufacturers website, and download the drivers from their. If this is the case with the network driver then do it on another PC and pop it on a flash driver.
Once you've got the driver, uninstall and check "Delete all info". Then run the setup.exe you downloaded in the driver folder and it will reinstall a new non-corrupted driver.

Hope this helps, if you need post a screenshot of device manager with the drivers and I can see if I can set you a link.

Thanks