Drivers for Windows 7 64 bit

I have Driver Genius paid program, used it for 1 year then changed to this computer and out of date on sub but they gave me a free complimentary extension 1 year :vibrate: Amazing in this century of greed is out of control. It has me up to date on all drivers having run it after failure of below.

Had problem downloading Graphic update and kept saying driver. But couldnt find a drive either with Driver Genius or via Windows they said contact manufacturer. Went to them - but not one of their either. Then someone suggested maybe I had a pirated copy of OS but took the test and it is genuine but when went back to update the graphic had disappeared. Shows as failed several times on updates.

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel® HD Graphics

Installation date: ‎8/‎30/‎2014 4:32 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in May, 2014

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Do you think this means it wasn't meant for my computer? Anyway to check? Was looking around cant find it.

But then also saw a program I wasn't sure of and checked it out and found this site > control>program features info.

http://driveragent.com/viaarena.php?ref=248&PHPSESSID=9er6gfqahg050qoe5kcqjdcgv3ere

Now it offers drivers too and free report so thought maybe check drivers ARE up to date.

What didnt make clear is have to buy the program to download the missing drivers.

And it said I have 72 good ones but 11 out of date and they were all chip set ones.

Another question can we trust this one or not :uhm: as Driver Genius and Windows has me up to date on drivers.

Many forum regulars will probably tell you not to mess with your device drivers. However, I am one who keeps drivers up-to-date, especially the graphics driver, which is essential for programs like Flash Player.

I suggest that you use the manufacturer's website to check for driver updates: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Yes agree I know they tell you not to - but when cant update and because out of date drivers which has become more so on Windows 7 than I remember before on XP we once didnt need too.

anyway thanks Pat off to try that link.

thing is I no longer have the update there to get as I said, and it failed. Mysterious !

Well that was a disappointment. Could not get the update thing to work. Said had a problem go to troubleshoot. Went said maybe Java, went to Java checked all up to date. Went back same thing failed.

Remember this is a brand new computer last December, but seems the gremlins has jumped over from the old one alright :censored:

And I dont muck about with OS - just do the things is says like driver out od date - and go find how to and Windows 7 does most of it. But have had nothing but this since day 1. And have had to do it as reinstalled 3 times and thought 3rd lucky lucky but seems not on updates from M$ like Graphic one gone.

According now to Driver Genius all up to date and it does install them and now and then says one in newer than theirs still want to etc so seems t be genuine. :(

This update thingy it just went around and around - didnt have to download a program to check out the drivers or anything so scanning straight up.

Java also said no outdated Java on here what I do have are these.

Java 7 update 65

Java 8 Update 11 (64 bit)

Java 8 Update 20 (64 bit)

If you run 64 bit Pat should have same?

:wub:

Errm not sure what Java Apps are ? Or do. Always had Java on computers like Flash player thought similar thing for vids etc

so should go get Update 20 for 32 bit? Why is it because some programs are 32 bit?

and delete other 11 for 64 bit as old and yet the Java website said it removed old ones - and didn't. Honestly cant rely on anyone these days eh!

and delete other 11 for 64 bit

Don't "delete" installed software; always uninstall it properly. Also uninstall Java 7. You can use JavaRa for that.

You only need Java (JRE = Java Runtime Environment) if you have any Java apps installed, or visit websites that are built on Java.

For 32-bit apps or browsers the 32-bit JRE is required.

For 64-bit apps or browsers the 64-bit JRE is required.

Thanks Pat. :drinks: Have got Java Ra - and will uninstall honestly :D

I did go to this site and read this - which explains a bit what it is and used for for any others like myself who just update it thinking a must have. These days so much updating needed wonder we get any work done :rolleyes:

http://askbobrankin.com/is_java_safe_and_do_i_need_it.html