At what point should I remove the DVD during Win 7 Install?

Amby19

While in the install process with previous Windows versions, it would explicitly tell you exactly at what point you needed to remove the installation CD/DVD so that when it reboots, it does not boot from the CD/DVD again improperly.

But with Windows 7 installations, it NEVER tells the user when to remove the DVD! So that if you're like me, who always sets the UEFI/BIOS to always boot from the optical drive first, it will automatically reboot from the DVD over and over and over!

I don't know why Microsoft's programmers are so mind-bogglingly lazy that they absolutely refuse to tell the user when the DVD should be removed, but now I eagerly turn to you good folks to compensate for their incompetence.

At what stage of the install should I remove the DVD? And if it makes a difference whether you're performing a clean install or a repair install, please provide the answer for both.

I think it would be immediately prior to the first reboot, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know?