Search index deletion

aleksandraw

I do not understand any of it, but the search index on this computer seems to repeatedly delete itself. I haven't yet tried to find out when this occurs, but search seems to work only a few days at most before I find that the index has been deleted again and I have to rebuild it. It has deleted itself a number of times already and continues to do so. Also, when I attempt to go into advanced options of Indexing Options, it becomes instantly unresponsive. Please advise!

Hello aleksandraw, welcome to Windows Forum. :)

Some useful indexing information in the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/improve-windows-searches-using-index-faq#1TC=windows-7

If you are experiencing problems with searching, such as unusually slow searches or incomplete search results, run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to see if it can diagnose the problem.

• Open the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Search and Indexing.

Depending on the severity of the problem, the Search and Indexing troubleshooter might need to restart the Windows Search service.