Problem With My Harddrive

hay guys

i convert one of my drive to ntfs format and secured it in windows xp professional with my account . but i did a mistake by unsecuring the drive before installing a fresh OS. and it show its format as a RAW instead of NTFS or FAT and gives a messege of " D:/ is not accessible Access is denied "

now the problem is that i am unable to open that drive and my whole important data is in the drive. and i cant reach it.

any body know any kind of solution .

please reply me soon

Guest nellie2

I deleted your other topic that you posted in the Security and Privacy forum. You really only need to post once... you can always bump your thread back to the top by posting a reply to it.

As for your problem, well I don't know anything about data recovery. But the fact that its format is showing as RAW doesn't sound very promising. :(

Guest nellie2

:huh: That means that there is nothing on it then. Is it possible for a drive to go from being in a formatted state of some sort to a raw state???

i convert one of my drive to ntfs format and secured it in windows xp professional with my account . but i did a mistake by unsecuring the drive before installing a fresh OS

What do you mean by secure and unsecure waseem??

I did post on the deleted thread that this may be similar to TBH1 problem he had a few weeks ago. I may be wrong but I think the drive may be re-activated with a tool like partition magic.

I think boris provided a complicated solution. Complicated in the sense it was way over my head. :lol: I will look for the thread again.

the thread