Open .dbx files after reformatted computer

ArturKis

I recently reformatted my computer, and saved my Outlook Express Inbox, Sent, and addresses .  The only way I could find to save them was in .dbx files, which I cannot seem to find a way to open!!    In looking on line, I find programs ...to buy...that will open them, but surely there must be a "better"  (cheaper, more accessable) way ?  I keep thinking that if that is the common way to save these, I must be missing the common way to open them.  Please tell me how to proceed .   Thanks very much

• Upvote 1

This is FREE http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dbxviewer.html  MiTeC Mail Viewer.

MiTeC Mail Viewer is a viewer for Microsoft Outlook Express 4,5 and 6 message database (*.idx/*.mbx/*.dbx), Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Vista Mail and Windows Live mail message databases as well as standalone EML files. Just browse for the .dbx file or mail folder containing the .eml files, and the program will display a list of all messages with their subjects and headers. You can choose to view the messages in text or HTML view, sort them and also export them to standard .eml files. Additional features include support for attachments and printing and keyword filtering. Standalone software, no installation required.

• Upvote 1