Typing randomly crashes system

win10 Toshiba C55-A5195 laptop

My laptop shuts down randomly typing on the laptop's keyboard. It happens mostly entering passwords and writing e-mails. When it shuts down, sometines it shows the shutting down screens, other times it goes straight to black. But, it doesn't happen at all when I use an external USB keyboard. The event logs show no warnings or errors.

Among other things, I've tried clean booting, updating drivers, updating the BIOS, reinstalling windows (both WIN7 from the laptop reinstall partition and Win10), replacing the keyboard, and even replacing the motherboard. I also checked the ram using the built in memory checker and mem86+. Temperatures are also in normal range. That should have ended most hardware and software issues - but no luck.

Can anyine tell me what to try next or how to troubleshoot this. Also, can anyone recommend monitoring software that records the results of keyboard actions?

• Boris changed the title to Typing randomly crashes system