Virgin 24/7

don't ask

.... that Virgin wanted their users to download a new dial-in number (yes, I know that probably nobody here is on dial-up anymore and that no-one is with Virgin 24/7) .......... but they kept e-mailing customers with a link to the update.

I had been trying to download it for weeks but couldn't get their automated update process to work. :angry: :wacko: :down:

Today when I went on the net I was taken straight to their update page - but couldn't get the process to work yet again - tried several times - got really stressed out (had 3 'illegal' puffs on a ciggy) then decided to phone the help number, only to be told "no - the update doesn't work - I'll sort you out manually at this end and then I will tell you how to update your computer".

All sorted now :D

Just annoyed that I spent weeks trying to do their automatic update and then caved in and had an unwarranted smoke :blush: :sneaky: (I did enjoy it though :whistling: ) Next time I promise I will phone the Helpline and not stress myself out :rolleyes:

Guest nellie2

Well if they were sending you emails to tell you to update then it wouldn't have hurt to send you an email to tell you how to update seeing as the download doesn't work. I am surprised at Richard.. this is bad customer service. I hope the Virgin help line wasn't a premium rate one!!! :(

(yes, I know that probably nobody here is on dial-up anymore and that no-one is with Virgin 24/7) ..........

Well I am for one - I think there's a few more..............

I gave up on Virgin about a month ago - it used to be good. I got three weeks of sending and receiving mail probs - temper got the better of me one day- so got another server. :)

Been with Virgin for 7 years or so and have only been having probs recently .... things seem a lot better now.

Yes, Richard's customer service seems to have found a black hole, but they are really great at helping when you phone them. It is an 0845 number - is that a premium rate one ? Hmm .. showing my ignorance here :blush: