Rar Rar Rar... Files

Guest spook

Need something to decompress some downloaded UT2K3 maps in XP. Downloaded Win Ace but it's just shareware - 30 day evaluation and I'm too tight to pay for it.

I'd like something which works ok, isn't obtrusive and will sit stabley within the XP environment. Sigh - just want an easy life really... Would gladly pay a UK site if no freeware is to be had. It's just I don't trust US sites from having had a little trouble in the past.

Thanx

Sir Radfordin

I am looking into that one thanks. How much does it cost do you know?

And is the company UK based?

If not, how dangerous (or not) is it to give credit card details out overseas?

Cheers.

Oh thanks for that Ddraigcoch.

Was busy downloading Rad's suggestion and didn't see your post till I hit the 'Add reply' button.

I'll look into that one - just didn't expect anyone to see the request there, hence starting another thread.

Ta. :D

spook

This decompresses RAR :- http://www.ultimatezip.com/ and its free !

UltimateZip the freeware archive utility for the new millennium.

Built-in compression support for: Zip, Blak Hole, Cabinet, Jar, Lha , GZip, Tar, Tar-BZip2, and Tar-GZip archives.

Built-in decompression support for: Ace, Arc, Arj , Rar, Zoo, Zip, Blak Hole, Cabinet, Jar , Lha, GZip, Tar, Tar-BZip2, and Tar-GZip archives.

Thanks everyone - so many to choose from too!

I will install the one Scarthy mentions, just so I can carry on using it. But will try the others out also, now it doesn't take anytime to download them.

:P

Cheers