RFID - Whats your take......

Guest Grim Reaper

Guest Grim Reaper

The company i work for is trialling RFID to track its products and soon hopes to impliment it on a worldwide scale throughout the whole of its business.

So, do you agree with the principal of RFID or could it lead to even more widespread corruption?

RFID info

Guest nellie2

dunno about corruption but it sounds a bit intrusive to me. Surely once I have purchased something it is up to me what I do with it and where I take it!!!! Or have I got the wrong end of the stick! :blink:

Guest Grim Reaper

nothing in the rfid will stop you from doing what you wish with any product you own. What it can be used for is to tell if a product is being stolen, to identify how many products are in a particular location (or not).

It can also be implimented into id cards, or in fact any product imaginable.

Scarey stuff....

The world is becoming ever more close to the paranoic governments of the communist era and the severely mentally disturbed persecution complexes of dictatorships as illustrated by the fairly recent Romanian regime.

The world is rapidly becoming totally under surveillance, for whatever reason. A world where half the population is watching the other half and half of those are watching the watchers and half or those are watching the watchers watching the watchers and so on. A world where nothing is achieved because everyone is too scared to do anything.

George Orwell, eat you heart out, you couldn't have imagined anything like this is becoming.

What happened to freedom?????????????????????????????????????????? :(

We are not guaranteed freedom by any form of constitution. The erosion of our imagined freedoms is due to poor government. Government cannot be improved while it exists in its current form. Although they fly the flag of democracy our governments are institutionalised tyrannies, bought by industry before they are elected. The first step towards real freedom is government by referendum.

I can see the merits in having these tags on products if they will help reduce theft and aid stock management. However, they should be disabled once the product passes the checkout and perhaps only be placed on the packaging and not the product itself. Wal-Mart, for example, claim that they will be doing just this and that the tags/scanners they will use have a very short range. The mere fact that Wal-Mart are going to use them indicates that they will indeed become the norm very soon. Remember, Wal-Mart had the clout to make bar codes standard practice.