scanner error!!

Guest Blink_182_fan

Guest Blink_182_fan

When i open my scanner software it opens normally were a little screen comes up (like for word 2000) before it opens the main software but when this happens a blue screen comes up(the blue screen of death i call it cause it normal is bad :P) and says error pres any key to continue and this happens every time what should i do?

Have you tried un-installing then re-installing the software?

Did you install the software/connect up the scanner EXACTLY according to the instructions given by the manufacturer?

If a USB scanner, is it connected via a hub or directly to the computer's motherboard/USB PCI card? A number of devices, notably scanners and modems, often do not function correctly when connected via a hub.

Guest Blink_182_fan

well pops.... i got it years ago and havnt used it in a while only tried to use it last night becuae i wanted to scan some things. As far as i know i think it is a port and not usb ill have a look for the disc and reinstall it :D