update info

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

I was going to post this on the news section but for some reason it wouldn't let me, so I hope you don't mind me putting it here.

It is a natty little thing to do so that you can check when a site was last updated.

When you visit a web page, you may not have any way of knowing how old the information really is. If this is important to the information's validity, you can at least find out when the page was last updated. Just click in the Address Bar and type

java script:alert(document.lastModified)

and press Enter. A dialog box displays the last date and time that the page was modified.

Good eh?

I like little tips and tricks and since Nellie has decided to give one of them away to all and sundry I decided that it wouldn't do any harm to give away some more. Some of you may know these but those who don't may find the following handy in Windows XP...

Winkey + D minimises everything that's open to a taskbar button. Press again and it all comes back.

Winkey + R opens the Run command. Type in a web address, press Enter and the browser opens and goes to that address (as long as you are connected).

Type C:\windows\help\keyshort.chm in Run and press Enter to get a list of Windows XP keyboard shortcuts.

Winkey + Pause/Break opens system properties dialogue box.

Pete :blink:

Guest Nellie2

Sorry Pete........I was being a tad silly there. I just couldn't resist. When you say winkey as if it is just one word it sounds really silly. :rolleyes:

Yes the Win key works in 98 too.