Black Widow 4830pro

doug

Black Widow 4830pro scanner. I know they are out of business but I want to clean my scanner. Scanning a plain sheet of paper and I get a hint of background shades. Cleaning the top of the glass makes no improvement. I am wondering how to take apart to clean the underside in case there is a film of dirt on the underside. :(

Thanks Prince. Bit the bullet and got the cover off having read the article. For the Black Widow turned out to be very simple. If anyone is interested, lift off the cover. Remove the 2 crosshead screws located in the recesses. One has a leaf spring to grip one of the lugs for the cover. Tured the unit upside down, then sprung off the cover by sliding a terminal driver in each of the 2 recesses located down echa side. The cover the lifts off from the back and it is then very easy to clean both sides of the glass. There was a lot of blooming on the underside of the glass. Didn't see any mirrors though or creepy crawlies. Re-assembled and every thing is fine. Scanned a plain sheet of paper and the image was much improved. Printed it in draft and only got a faint blue background which I can balance out. Only needed the encouragement for which many thanks again. See you around. doug :D