AOL Broadband

Sir T Fireball

There should be no need for you to play about with your mtu, not yet anyway. That will come later when you want to start tweaking things for maximum performance.

You will need to be more specific when you say you are having trouble configuring the wireless connection. However, I suspect that it will have something to do with the SSID (Service Set Identifier). This is in effect an "identifying password" which your wireless connection will use to verify that it is talking to a device it is supposed to be talking to, and not just any old wireless device which happens to be in range.

Check your documentation carefully Sir T, but you will need to make the SSID the same on the router and the card in your laptop, before they will be able to talk to each other.

If the problem is not to do with the above, then let me know and I shall see what we can do.

Mr. M.

I guess that means dhcp :lol: , but just to check, did you manually enter an IP Address into the connection details for your wireless card?

Go to start, then run and type in cmd and press the enter key. At the command prompt type the following

ipconfig /all

and press return. You should get a whole host of figures, can you let me know what you get please.

Also, the router will have an internal address, probably something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, I assume you have already connected to the router to set it up with your pc. What happens if you type the routers address into the browsers address bar on your laptop?