Network cable unplugged?????

mallo88

Got two systems and i've bought a networking cable and a NIC card in order for me to set up a network via cable.

I have put the NIC card in the internet computer and the computer recognised the new hardware being added. I then used the networking cable to link the two.

However, i now run the network setup wizard and it says that the NIC card is disconnected and unplugged.

I cant see how this is possible as i have checked the connections into the computer, that seems fine, and i've checked the cable for any damage or wear and tear but i couldnt find anything wrong with it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Don't know a lot about wired networks but, are you sure you have the right cable? I believe there are "straight through" types and "crossover" types. If you use the wrong one it will appear to the computer as unconnected (unplugged).