Game Server Down!

Crazed_climber

Yea well I gess I didn't give you guys enough info. Firstly Im sure the game is configured properly because I can connect to it from inside the network. Secondly I know for a fact the problem has nothing to do with the game it has to do with getting people to acess my open ports. I ran a porttest at (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) and the attached picture is what is showed. The only ones that were open were for http.

post-1485-1098038080_thumb.jpg

The Ports you show open, HTTP 80, and SSL 443 are open from the outside, in on your Firewall. Not sure why you have them open from the outside, unless you have an Internal Web Server.

What Ports are supposed to be open for your Game Server?

I couldn't tracert to your IP Address. Has your ISP been changing their IP Scheme?

I agree with Pilch, you should check your outside IP Address and make sure your ISP hasn't changed your Address. If it's DHCP Assigned, it could change without your knowledge.

The IP shown in Gibson Research's Port Scanner should be your outside IP. Is that the one the Outside Gamers are trying to get to?

Sincerely,

My connection goes through a Wireless Linksys Router along side 2 other computers. My friends try to acess my server using the ip that I get and give to them from www.whatismyip.com. I know now one can access my computer cuz when I go to serverspy.net (game server search engine) it doesn't show up. I dont know If my ISP has changed my ip scheme ill check into that. Well what I am doing now is using sys restore to the day I bought it and seeing if that helps then I will know its the router or isp not any software blocking it because back then it worked.

The ports used are;

27000-27040 TCP&UDP

1200-1200 UDP

According to your Port Scan from Shield's Up!, Port ranges 27000-27040 TCP&UDP and 1200-1200 UDP were not allowed through your Linksys.

That's a pretty big hole to leave in your Firewall. Is there a way that you can allow those ports through only from particular IP's?

Please let us know how it works after your System Restore.

Sincerely,