[RESOLVED] Windows 2000 corrupting mouse driver

I'm having a problem with a fresh (literally, about 2 minutes ago) install of Windows 2000. It's corrupting the mouse driver after every reboot. I uninstall/reinstall the driver, and it works fine, until I reboot that is. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem and any possible remedies. It's a stock system, generic 2-button wheel mouse, PS/2. I was thinking of going with a USB mouse to see if that solved the problem, but I'd really prefer to not spend money if anyone has any other ideas.

Can you beg or borrow another mouse to check that it is your O/S and not the mouse that is causing the problem?

It seems odd that a new install should corrupt the drivers in the way you say. What are the symptoms i.e. what does or doesn't the mouse do?

• 4 weeks later...