puzzler

Guest ellas

Guest ellas

ok anyone solve this,trying to get my cd writer to work in dma,I have 2 systems both with the same artec cd writer,the old machine also running xp is only a celeron and has dma 2 enabled for the cd writer, the new one athlon xp does not,mayboy has this enabled in his same machine,I have tried replacing IDE cable reinstalling the secondary ide channel drivers no go,someone else has the same problem at the nforce forum unresolved any ideas.

post-26-1051376065.jpg

Guest ellas

yes theres the option of dma 2 but its set to auto as the rest of the controllers,my harddrive is dma 5 and the dvd drive dma 2 so it should set it up itself.

Guest ellas

no stick with this advice "To be more specific, WinXP drops the device out of UDMA mode and into PIO mode if it detects transfer errors on the device. Honestly, this isn't some feature which you would want to disable cause it can very much save you some future headaches which may occur due to data corruption. Instead of just outright disabling this feature, what you should do is make sure you've updated your chipset drivers if you are using a motherboard with a via chipset, and also change out your IDE cables since the cable itself could be causing the problem" might do a bios update.not using via chipset but nvidia.