AOL cd's

bvw

I went to the trouble of putting a 1st class stamp on one aol cd that came through my letter box and sent it back to them.

On the box it did say please return the cd and case to aol if you wish not to recieve anymore, following month i had a few more appear.

Now i just have the bin ready and open when the post arrives.

Why cant they do something like freeserve, have them available in public places, so if you wish to have one, you can pick it up.

Craig.

Do i gather from you that you dont like AOL lol i'm on AOL and to be honest i havent had any problems but if anyone can suggest a better sever to be with then persuade me.....please....lol :rolleyes:

Gail,

Good evening :)

No, I have nothing against AOL, Tiscali etc. It's just the apparent volume of waste they seem to produce by these cd's that 90% (?) of people do not need.

Perhaps if they were biodegradble or we could re-use them it might help :)

Can you recycle cd's, I have no idea?

No doubt by returning the unwanted ones it will save AOL loads of money as they can use them again! :lol:

I'm with AOL too (2 years + now) and it really is sound. Only prob with it now is that it will not work with some V92 modems and V90s are getting hard to find.

USE OF CDs:- Daughter has lined a complete wall in grandsons bedroom with CDs and on the opposite wall has fitted two low power spotlights. The effect is rather good and the boy (10 yrs old) thinks it's well funky!

His friends mothers are all coming under pressure to do the same so there could soon be a shortage of these things.