Battery Charger

Snec

Hi gang,

Just been scouring the web looking to buy a battery charger, you know the type of thing, charges 4 x AA batteries.

Can't seem to find one anywhere. I've looked into camera accessories in several places but no joy so far.

Anyone know where is a good site to make this purchase?

Will have another look round and report back here in an hour or so to check if anyone can help.

Regards

Thanks both,

I will compare prices later, gotta go out now. There is an Argos shop just 4 miles away and the missus has the catalog. In fact I got a really good computer desk and chair from there about 6 weeks ago.

Talk 2u later

Cheers

That's a good site, Maplins, ellas. Good prices there, will look at that in the future when I want something.

When I went looking for the Argos book, wife says, what r u looking for. She knew they had chargers in there! D'oh. I never have looked at the bloomin' thing b4. Anyway, as it's close by I will get one from there on Monday. They seem to have a reasonable selection. I'll go for the timed one if they have it, or order it. I'm not desperate for a few days really.

I will investigate your on-line suggestion as well madboy33. I'm assuming you can order from a specific branch by what you say. Anyway I'll soon find out.

Regards

Guest Cookie

Snec. I assume you are talking about normal re-chargeable battery chargers.

Rechareables are 1.2v so times 4 = 4.8v. Normal batteries are 4 x 1.5v ie 6v total.

My mate just bought a charger which recharges ordinary batteries, as long as they are not dead flat, he finds this system is much better for use with his digital camera. I believe he said the ordinary batteries can be recharged up to a hundred times.

I'll check with my mate tomorrow to see where he got it.

i do agree with cookie there.

my digital camera with 4x1.5v lasts i would say twice as long as 4x1.2v .

however, all you have to do is get two sets of batteries and a case for the camera that stores batteries and in the long run you save fortunes with rechargables

madboy33

My camera takes only two batteries. Olympus advise using AA Ni-Mh.

The charger I'm looking at in the Argos book, (page 771, cat no 980/3284) @ £19.99 comes complete with four of those AA Ni-Mh included.

The ones that came with the camera are 1.5v and I must admit that I didn't know that rechargeables are 1.2v (re: cookie) but as I say they are the ones recommended by the maker.

As this camera was a Xmas present from the wife I do not feel inclined to go outside of the makers recommendations 'cause with my luck something (probably unrelated) would go wrong and she would be BOUND to blame me for using the wrong batteries.

She may only be little Irish lady but if you'd ever seen her in full flight you would know where I'm coming from.

Regards