Connecting XBOX to NTL Broadband

Hi, I'vegot a a NTL broadband conenction at 1Mb which at the monet goes directly into my ethernet port on my PC

I would liek my XBOX to share the internet connection so that I can play XBOX live

Does anyone know how I would go about this?

I've got a few diagrams showing the inetnet connecting to a hub and then the hub giving out connections using straight through cable to bot th XBOX and PC - I've tried this method but neither the XBOX or the PC picks up any connection

Please can someone help me out with this

Thanks

Thanks for that - I'll give the hub back and get a router

Whats the difference between a hub and a router (in simple terms)?

I've attached the diagram I was using in case anyone else wants to know how to make the connections

On the picture it said "Router/Hub" so I thought either would work, only later did I realise it says "computer with one NIC and a router" under the title

Willlet you know how it goes and will post again if I have any further questions

Thanks

post-3097-1118938055_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I've been looking around but there seems to be all different kinds of routers available on the market and so I dont know which to get...a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated

I've got NTL broadband, an XBOX and 2 PCs - one with Windows XP Home and Windows x64 which all need internet connection

Please can someone advise me with what type of router I need and perhaps a link to where I can buy one cheap

Thanks in advance