Strong passwords: How to create and use them

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb

Your passwords are the keys you use to unlock your computer and online accounts. The stronger the password, the better the security against intrusion by hackers and thieves, who could use your information to open new credit card accounts, apply for a mortgage, or even chat online disguised as you—and you wouldn't know it until it was too late. It's not hard to create strong passwords. With a small amount of effort on your part and some tricks provided in this article, you can help improve the security of your computer.

Full article at the Microsoft website.

Chris109 could be a relatively strong password as long as your name isn't Chris, and you weren't born on 10/9 (or 109 doesn't come from somewhere people could have easy access to). :)

I have a few I use where I take the first letter of each word in a phrase I can remember, or use a relatively uncommon object from around the room like TelTronicsSEB!!