Another Round of LCD/TFT Monitor Questions

deuces wild

The deal with the purchase of the AOC LM729 19" LCD monitor (recommended by Djohn) fell through as the retailer has not yet shipped it (ordered on Sunday) and I just canceled the order because of that.

I read some reviews of the AOC LM729 and they all called them "flimsy". To be honest I also did not like the fact that it had side speakers (which my daughter does not need).

So back to square one.

I can get a Dell 1905FP for the same price. Any comments on this unit or any suggestions for a nice 19" for around $300 USD?

TIA! :flowers:

BTW: No offense Djohn. The experience with that retailer left me with a bad taste in my mouth for this unit. Convince me again why I should still consider it. :)

Something wrong there Deuces. The 19" which I recommended to andsome has the speakers along the bottom not the side, it must be a different model.

Main reason for recommending the 19" to andsome was to keep within his stated budget. Most of the monitors in the price range he was looking at are 17", the 19" AOC can be bought for the same price as most good 17" TFT's.

Dell - Viewsonic - Samsung are all good makes but depending on the model can be quite expensive. My 19" Viewsonic was just under £400 three months back but is a professional monitor for graphic work. Good MVA or PVA [Wide viewing angles and true 8 bit colour] can be bought from around the £300 mark and upwards. Good 6 Bit TN panels which tend to be a little faster but not as good at colour or viewing angles can be bought for £220 upwards

[Edit] The Xerox that Tankus recommends is also a good monitor with 8 bit MVA panel and good viewing angles of 170 degrees taken at 10% reading. Only problem I can find is the 1 year warranty when most others offer a full 3 years swap out. TN panels sometimes try to impress with viewing angles of 150 or 160 but they are taken at 5% reading and therefore in reality are much less than what is implied. :(