Online banking

NWL

Following on from a post below by Tankus, I am curious to know how many here use online banking. I do and have done for some time, it's easy, convenient and (hopefully!) secure. Credit card fraud is a huge "business" and the need for security is of course paramount. Does anyone know of any cases of online fraud from a personal bank account? I can't say I recall any but that's not to say it hasn't happened. I don't suppose the banks would particularly advertise the fact if their secuirty measures had been breached though.

I use on-line banking. To the point that I have opened a savings account specifically for my Sponsorship for The Great North Run. I mentioned this to the nice chap at the Bank and my worries that in doing this as a possible help to my friends here who are sposoring me was there any possibility of fraud, the very nice chap said "that's no problem. The only way of taking any money out of this account is over your signature at this bank. Anyway, should anything go awry then we will re-imburse the account".

Never really worried about it, don't do anything but bank online (if I can help it). Smile is the main benefactor here, since they provide pre-paid envelopes so I don't have to walk to pay the money in anywhere. It would have to take something verious serious for me to stop using it (like the Internet cesing to exist!)

Guest Nellie2

I bank online and it is so conveinient.......... I think if there were any security issues then the public would get to hear about it.......... the media would jump on it so fast, I don't think you could sit on something like that.

I will admit though, I did PM Madboy and checked with him that my bank wasn't the one he was talking about, and it wasn't!!........ Phew!