desktop shortcut icon to my website

sadie

I hope I am posting this is the right place, I apologise if not, I wans't too sure where to put it.

I need to create a desktop icon that when clicked takes you to my website.

But the icon needs to be able to be put onto cd so I can send to people for them to just be able to drag to their desktop or install so they can just click it to instantly get to my site.

Does anyone know how I can do this? or if I can't do it myself, how I would go about gettign it done?

Cheers

Sadie

Copy the address of your website, then go to your desktop and right click, select "New / Shortcut" from the dropdown list, This will open the Create Shortcut window, just paste the website address into the location of the item box and click next, name it and save it. The resultant shortcut can be moved or copied to wherever you chose.

Or if you're using Firefox, just drag the tab to the desktop, it'll do it all for you.

• 2 months later...

You could change the icon, by right clicking it and going Properties/Change icon. Then load to other machines with copy/cut and paste. But I don't think the icon customisation would transfer unless you'd picked a windows icon.

I suspect you have to paste a copy of the custom icon a swell and redo the shortcut customisation on each machine.