Ear piercing

mmmbisto

This topic came to light when I had my ears pierced today (attached image!)

You might notice that the smaller earrings are close to my face. I had my ears pierced first when I was just 6 months old. My parents wanted me to have it done when I was younger, but of course now I've grown the piercing has grown towards my head lol :)

If I look straight on, many people can't actually see my piercings at all, and it kinda annoyed me, so this morning I woke up and just thought: "Right, I'm getting them pierced again." I didn't want to take the originals out as they're quite sentimental to me now, I guess.

When I was at school many of the girls there were upset because their parents wouldn't let them get their ears pierced until they were at least 14 or 15 years old. I thought that was weird because even my brother had his ears pierced when he was about 3 years old. Since then he has got the other one done and the cartilage also. And his left nipple.

What are your views on this?

post-8-1055354245.jpg

Guest Nellie2

My personal view is that I don't think young children should be peirced. That is a personal decision that can be made when they are older.

I really don't see what advantage there is in adorning babies with jewellry, apart from the possibility of a nasty accident!! :(

Sorry but that is my view!

When I spoke with my mum and asked her why she did it, it was because I was a girl and she thought I should have both ears pierced. Although I love the fact my ears are pierced I'm obviously upset that it got closer to my face as I grew older.

It's nice to hear your view Nellie, cos obviously I only see the one side of this, and the lady who pierced my ears today thought it was odd. I thought it was odd that most girls I knew had to wait until they were 14!

Guest Nellie2

I was sixteen when I had mine done.... my mum was going to make me wait until I was 18!!!!! :o

But I think 14 is a good age if that is what the girl wants, I definitely did at 14 but like I said, my mum said no.

Agree with nel...plus the possibility of an infection........

An adult thing only.......

My parents really had their work cut out for them with that one! The must have done a good job though because I didn't get an infection :)

Sadly my cartilage piercing was done in the wrong place. It bled every day and now I have a small scar.

I just hope I take good enough care of my new piercing so it doesn't get infected. That means Craig will have to sit on his hands, lol, cos as soon as I went to see him today he just wanted to have a look. Since when you look with your hands I don't know!

Can't stand children. Sorry meant to type can't stand parents who have children.

No no thats not it try again, can't stand parents who inflict this choice on their children. Never seen a child that looks better for having had it done and nothing is gained. Why not wait and let the child choose??

Quite honestly I think that it should be illegal for parents to do anything like this to children. It should be the child's decision when they are old enough to make up their own minds. As far as I am concerned any one who is old enough to make a decision can then do what the hell they want with their own bodies. My own view is that it is weird to want to make holes in your own body. I wince every time I look at a pierced belly button. Pierced tongues and nipples are particularly revolting.

We have recently had this debate in my family. I personally do not think that is a good idea to pierce young childrens ears because the piercing grows out of line as the child grows older.

I also think that earings in young children don't look very attractive.

Best let them make up their own minds when they are old enough ;)