Malware

I think it was ansome who recommended ewido and I went looking for it and download Ewido Malware. It gave me a 14 day trial and left me today with a free version. It then updated anyway so I guess I get updates.

Now if you buy the premium what do you actually get more of as It seems to me the free version is probably all I need and is this one, malware on end of title, the one referred to in spyware discussions?

On first scan found 3 infections, Gator, Cydoor and Sidesearch. Removed all 3.

Today did full scan and it found another sidesearch.

Erm... Ewido is not malware, but anti-malware :)

The paid version has an active guard that checks everything that is touched on your computer. It alerts you if you try to download potentially dangerous stuff, or execute anything that is not safe.

You probably had the guard during the trial, but after the next reboot it will no longer launch after the trial expired. But you can still use Ewido for scheduled or manual scans. I think it also updates automatically. (Don't remember for sure, as I have the Ewido 4 beta installed).

:pardon: my ignorance :(

But is it worth paying for the full version then?

I have reverted to whatever - no icon on my task bar anymore - it did automatically download updates for a few days though, but has now stopped.

On front has a panel saying take a survey and get 20% off the asking price etc.

Trouble is for last few days - no site available.

Now this ha happened a bit with them so are they part time or not so reliable?

Just wondering.

:Blond-Moment: Should be red moment as I have washed that grey right out of my hair using bright red :blum:

:pardon: my ignorance :(

But is it worth paying for the full version then?

I have reverted to whatever - no icon on my task bar anymore - it did automatically download updates for a few days though, but has now stopped.

On front has a panel saying take a survey and get 20% off the asking price etc.

Trouble is for last few days - no site available.

Now this ha happened a bit with them so are they part time or not so reliable?

Just wondering.

:Blond-Moment: Should be red moment as I have washed that grey right out of my hair using bright red :blum:

The site has been available for me, it must be something in your security settings. I update EVERY day. The free version is perfectly OK for the home user. Also look at this one, we are getting excellent results with it.

SUPERAntiSpyware free.