HP error

i dont know why but i always seem to get the message that HPCMPMGR.EXE was shut down wrong or something when i log out >> then i get the message to "End" it "Now"

i know that HPCMPMGR.EXE is from HP software, but i dont know why it causes the error

i have Windows 2000 and all the HP software i have runs without any errors

but there is one thing: we have a scanner attached to our pc, and that hasnt been working for years now, but we only have the error message for a few months...

please help

thanks

i dont know why but i always seem to get the message that HPCMPMGR.EXE was shut down wrong or something when i log out >> then i get the message to "End" it "Now"

i know that HPCMPMGR.EXE is from HP software, but i dont know why it causes the error

i have Windows 2000 and all the HP software i have runs without any errors

but there is one thing: we have a scanner attached to our pc, and that hasnt been working for years now, but we only have the error message for a few months...

please help

thanks

I went through almost this very same thing, Look here:> ( Click here )

And here for a possible solution:> ( Solution )

That HPcmpmgr.exe thing needs to be turned off, If you don't already have it ( wich i'm almost sure you don't ), You need to download MSConfig.exe and use that..

Hope this helps.. ;) ;)

ERROR SOLVED

@ dady: It definitly wasnt spyware 'cause my pc is very up to date with that kinda stuff

@ jason: thanks for the help, i used MSCONFIG.EXE to disable the application

but one thing/question remains: What was the exact task of hpcmpmgr.exe?

@ everyone: i really appreciate all your help, 'cause ive been struggling with this error for a while and no its totally solved!!! :lol:

ERROR SOLVED

@ dady: It definitly wasnt spyware 'cause my pc is very up to date with that kinda stuff

@ jason: thanks for the help, i used MSCONFIG.EXE to disable the application

but one thing/question remains: What was the exact task of hpcmpmgr.exe?

@ everyone: i really appreciate all your help, 'cause ive been struggling with this error for a while and no its totally solved!!! :lol:

Well your welcome.. ;)

hpcmpmgr.exe? ..... It checks for HP driver updates.

Yea i know, And you don't need it. Why would "I" ( you ) need to update a printers programming ( drivers ) if it's already working..?? :unsure: Just fine i might add.. ;)

I struggled with it for like six months, So don't feel to bad.. :(

Yea i know, And you don't need it. Why would "I" ( you ) need to update a printers programming ( drivers ) if it's already working..?? :unsure: Just fine i might add.. ;)

I struggled with it for like six months, So don't feel to bad.. :(

still kinda weird that this error message just started once.....