Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

Chris

We invite you to be among the first to experience the clarity that Windows Vista can bring to your world. The Windows Vista Customer Preview Program makes a pre-release edition of Windows Vista Ultimate broadly available to the public for the first time.

Note: This is beta code and should not be used in a production environment or on a main machine in the home. Beta 2 is intended for developers, IT professionals and technology experts to continue or begin their testing of Windows Vista. Before you decide to use Beta 2, you should feel comfortable with installing operating systems, updating drivers, and general PC troubleshooting. Some risks of using beta operating systems include hardware and software incompatibility and system instability. If you have concerns about installing this beta software on your computer, we encourage you to obtain the final release version of Windows Vista when it is available in 2007.

If you decide to install Windows Vista Beta 2, we would like to thank you for taking the time to test the product. Your feedback is an integral part of our development process. Thank you for being part of the Windows Vista team!

More | Here

DVD is available to order.

It can be downloaded as well but it's a big one!

Got my copy :)

Just run the installer, very nice clean and simple. No more text telling you about the advances in computing and what Windows can do!

Instead you have a list of several items, and they get ticked when they are completed.

A big tick in box for 3rd party drivers. No longer do you need to have them on a floppy, but you can use a CD, USB stick etc.

However my installation failed right at the end (after 30 mins of install), but it didn’t tell me why.

I have a feeling it is my SATA hard disk (XP has problems with that too!).

I shall update when I can get a successful installation.