talkgas web mail

P;3

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware your pop and smtp addresses should be the same for whichever account you are using. Either Orange or talkgas.

with respect ; no;

mine with talkgas HAVE to be different as I have explained further up this thread; others may have the same requirements;

your mail may need to be directed through another server etc as mine do;

MY incoming and outgoing mail addys are completely different on the talkgas account;

some of us have more than ONE e mail addy; hense having to correctly choose the incoming and outgoing appropriate addresses :flowers:

For heavens sake, surely it's time to give up and use another ISP. :D

Maybe but i would still like to understand the reasons for this problem. what sot of e mail addy do you have?

Virgin cable. Very little trouble over several years, (formerly NTL of course).

to clarify

I can log into the web mail portal ON web mail

on line talkgas access and have just done so

I have several e mail addys in my OE program

for TALKGAS

MY talkgas servers are

incoming pop 3 server

pop.talkgas.tv

outgoing is

mail.btinternet.com

AND in my incoming mail server I have [email protected]

my own passsord FOR talkgas log in is inthe password box

I do NOT have secure passowrd authentiction

I DO have

my server requires authentication

BY THAT tab you should have a thing called settings?

if you click on IT

you go to outgoing mail server box

THERE you have to choose

log on using

and I have my btinternet addy in that box

I do NOT have ticked 'use same settings as my incoming server'

I have programed in my btinternet addy and password in that section and have ticked 'remember password'

does any of that help?

as Glassy says, we want t to know why the settings other people have are NOT working

mine ARE after a LOT of phone calls to talkgas and trial and error on my part with my settings;

if you are with orange that MAY give problems as you may have seen from the orange forum itself

??does this further info help?

I gather that really no one wishes to 'claim' talkgas and I notice that the original home page has now vanished where they did put the settings etc

:flowers:

when these settigns no longer work I will be on the trail of what DOES B)

As far as I'm aware your pop and smtp addresses should be the same for whichever account you are using. Either Orange or talkgas.

with respect ; no;

mine with talkgas HAVE to be different as I have explained further up this thread; others may have the same requirements;

your mail may need to be directed through another server etc as mine do;

MY incoming and outgoing mail addys are completely different on the talkgas account;

some of us have more than ONE e mail addy; hense having to correctly choose the incoming and outgoing appropriate addresses :flowers:

With respect, maybe that's why you're having problems.

at present MY settings are correct as I have worked out what they need to be to retrieve mails from server with the programs I have on board; others who use a different ISP will need to try out different settings to see what works for them ;

the web mail site IS accessible ( at present) both to log in to and to retrieve mails from BUT keeping pace WITH the changes that the people who are hosting the server is the problem as it tends to move around

and why do we keep this e mail address? why not?

if you only have one e mail addy you will not be affected by all this but if you have more than one as many of us do, you have to create individual accounts IN oe ( or whatever email client you are using)

one of the purposes of this thread is to help and assist and pool ideas with those who do have problems WITH accessing their emails from talkgas ; and I hope that it has helped and will continue TO help many who were /are searching for an answer TO this enigma but who have not yet contributed to the thread

as I have said elsewhere on this thread and will repeat

my thanks to admin for allowing this thread to continue to run on this forum :flowers:

(I am also wondering how glassy is progressing with his/her settings; I presume you can still actually log into the server itself and read the mails ON server? I did wonder if you have got the actuall correct password IN the email client?)

(I am also wondering how glassy is progressing with his/her settings; I presume you can still actually log into the server itself and read the mails ON server? I did wonder if you have got the actuall correct password IN the email client?)

Hi P

I have changed my settings so they are exactly the same as yours, as described above, oe or windows mail are stilll not working.

I can log in to the server itself but I cannot access my e mails. They are there, have not been opened, but I still cant move, delete or frward them.

My password is correct because it is one that I have been using for a long time and is written down. what is really frustrating is it lets me tantalisingly see my e mails but not read them.!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think tomorrow I will try the phone number. I have tried changin one setting at a time and accessing from another computer one without windows vista. :censored::censored:

glassy; I do not know if it will affect anything but just a shot in the dark; try making either Outlook express OR windows mail your default email program ( choose one or the other )then try to download mails from the talkgas server with the pop and stmp server addresses as described above

and; of interest, when did YOU notice the problem with your emails ?

(and you should be able to literally log into the server ON web mail

http://webmail.talkgas.tv/cgi-bin/LoginManager.cgi on this portal and open and read your emails ON that server )

IT worked hurray!!!!!!!! :flowers: :D :D :D

made windows mail my default program and all my e mails came through.

I couldn't access them on the site after logging in could just see them.!

Dont know when problems started because went on holiday.

Thanks again until the next time!!!!!!

IT worked hurray!!!!!!!! :flowers: :D :D :D

made windows mail my default program and all my e mails came through.

I couldn't access them on the site after logging in could just see them.!

Dont know when problems started because went on holiday.

Thanks again until the next time!!!!!!

this is indeed good news;I THOUGHT that that tweek just might sort it for you and now the acid 'test' is to try to email yourself successfully and download them correctly and reply to them ( self-spamming type of thing!!)

DJ

as to

'moneysavingexpert . com' having an 'interest' in this section

I did even notice google.com apparently using the personal messenger :blink:

:( :flowers:

lets see who next requires this thread's facilities and info

and again my thanks to admin for allowing this thread to run as it is evidently proving helpful and useful for many stray lambs out there :flowers:

Having had Glassy's recent success ,I thought that compiling a summary of progress so far would be a good idea that might help any new enquirerers to locate the relevent and salien points of this discussion without having to delve through the entire thread to find them :flowers:

meanwhile :D a search has just dug up

talkgas homegateway

with some useful contact numbers on the

'help' tab and 'contact us' tab

BUT the e mail tab is non functional

so the server link given some posts back is the one to use for web mail access

I will post the hopefully good and thorough summary in due course :rolleyes:

I think that's a good idea. Perhaps admin could cull the thread to include just the relevant points.

Nine pages is rather a lot to wade through, especially when a lot of the posts are so spread out with unnecessary double-spacing between lines.