Internet Explorer 67%, Firefox 25%

Just read a report about the market share of web browsers from W3Counter: Internet Explorer 67% (IE6 66% + IE7 1%), Firefox 25% (FF1.5 21% + FF1.0 4%), it looks that Firefox is doing very well.

Details here.

The original updated stats show that Firefox has already reached 26% as of July 10.

[Edit] The stats also show that 95% of all operating systems are Windows, 3% Mac OX, and 1% Linux.

Interesting.

I wonder if the updates of IE when it comes out of beta to match the current Firefox will have any influence on the ratio?

What's happened to Netscape? I remember when it was THE web browser. Now it's disappeared.

Interesting.

I wonder if the updates of IE when it comes out of beta to match the current Firefox will have any influence on the ratio?

What's happened to Netscape? I remember when it was THE web browser. Now it's disappeared.

Netscape used to install by default with the early dial up installation C D's from NTL

Netscape was my first browser - before MS even had one, and I still have the installation floppy somewhere; it was version 1.1

I kept updating it every time a new version was released, but then a few years ago they changed the install process - some kind of download manager - and I could no longer download Netscape (I was behind a corporate firewall then). I tried again with each subsequent new release - without success.

I think it was AOL that killed Netscape!

P.S. But it still exists; it is currently at version 8.1, available from http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/ - but I won't bother after all these years...