Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 - FREE

Chris

Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer. Use virtual machines to run operating systems such as MS-DOS®, Windows, and OS/2. You can run multiple operating systems at once on a single physical computer and switch between them as easily as switching applications—instantly, with a mouse click.

Virtual PC is perfect for any scenario in which you need to support multiple operating systems, whether you use it for tech support, legacy application support, training, or just for consolidating physical computers.

More | Here

Not used this for about 2 years, it was slow back then...but as it's now free you can't complain. :rolleyes:

I Agree. VMWare is quite fast, but pricey. This is a nice cheap alternative.

VMWare Workstation 5 is $199.00 delivered (+shipping and tax), $189.00 download.

http://www.vmware.com/request_processor?ne...T-STORE-WKST-LX

Whether Microsoft virtualization technology is an important component of your existing infrastructure or you're just a Virtual PC enthusiast, you can now download Virtual PC 2004 Service Pack 1 absolutely free. Microsoft is also offering the free download of Virtual PC 2007, with support for Windows Vista in 2007.

VPC 2007 is not out yet, is it?

EDIT:

More Info

When I tried it 2 years ago it was slow as anything to me.

Installed VMWARE and that's fast as anything - Still continue to use VMWARE :D

VMware can be terribly slow when doing lots of I/O, like building large applications. If VPC is even slower, then I am not even trying to download it.