The world has truly gone mad!

Guest LB

I am English, and looking at whizwrinkly's signature brings a patriotic tear to my eye.

I was speaking to a friend whose husband works for the Met Police the other day and she was telling me that he had to go on a course that follows up from the stephen lawrence inquiry.

She then went on to tell me that one of her friends went to attend the course and as it was in civilian clothes and it was on the day of the england match he wore his england shirt.

He was promptly told to go home and change as the shirt could be seen to incite racism. He asked if he was to wear an iranian shirt or a pakistani shirt would he be sent home and the response was No.

So how is this not blatantly racist (albeit reverse racism)?

The police force concept was invented in England (hence the term Bobbies "Robert Peel") and as far as i am aware the met police is in england so why can a policeman not wear an England shirt? Another poser is if the chap in question was an indian in a turban wearing an England football shirt would he be sent home.

Once again, can we please restore some sanity to an ever increasingly mad world!!!

Guest spikeychris

Your statement above can in itself be deemed racist. Intelligent debate is being denied us by right wing bigots, I know I, live in Lancashire. Until these scumbags are removed then every comment concerning the "most obvious" can and will be labelled racist.......

My wife and I visited Walsall a couple of days ago, for the first time for several months. We were appalled to see a shop front bearing the title 'BLACK AND ASIAN DISABILITY CENTRE. This had of course been set up by the loony left wing Walsall labour council. They would have been in uproar if anyone had suggested that a 'WHITE BRITISH DISABILITY CENTRE' be set up.

This has become a Debate, voving there.

What is voving??????????

That was crafty northamuk, you have now edited voving to moving.

{They don't call me a 'Mighty Wizard' for nowt, you know !! :lol: :rolleyes:}

Guest Nellie2

I think you will find it is called positive discrimination....... which to my mind is still discrimination. A person should be employed soley on their merits..... and not because of their sex or whatever.

There was an uproar a while back because our Tone had loads of women cabinet ministers..... not because they would be good at what ever it was they were supposed to be doing but because they were women.

Guest spikeychris

Extremism, beit left or right wing is insane. The BNP in Lancashire has been voted it no less than three times, this is mainly in east Lancs but the disease is spreading. Should someone vote for the BNP because they see signs saying Asian womens centre or feel they are being left out?

To vote for a racist party because you feel reverse racism is down right unbelievable. This is not aimed at anybody here, its just what I here when out and about in Lancs.

Chris

i must say, everyone seems to agree but no one seems to have an answer...

Andsome, surely your good looks can solve this problem.!!

The problem is that no one takes any one as good looking as me seriously.