Midsommers Day

Guest moon

Anything special planned ? I watched the sun come up this morning from an ancient mound in the heart of the fens. Effin fantastic. I'll leave out the sociological details but suffice it to say that I've done my bit for a fine crop next year. :) You Brits have got one ace country and culture.

Love looks not with the eyes

but with the mind

and, therefore, is winged Cupid painted blind

Willy the Spear.

Guest Nellie2

Well I didn't see the sun rise but I have been up for a few hours..... already been for a walk in the woods with the dog. It was too early for anyone else so good for contemplation!!

Nothing planned......... Midsummer is a fine time to be in the UK though.

Its our Uni Summer Ball at Cheltenham Racecourse (home to the famous Gold

Cup) and so its looking like a top day already.

With the likes of D:Side and David sneddon what more could you ask for! Ah I know, The Foundations with the all time student classic Build Me Up Buttercup.

Most of you will no doubt remember half this stuff from the first time around...see us youngsters do pay respect to our elders!

Look at this nice page on teh BBCi's website for all the details http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/stude...06/s-ball.shtml

11.15pm

David Sneddon

10.00pm

The Foundations

8.25pm

The Bluetones

7.20pm

D:Side

9.30pm

Jessica Garlick

6.30pm

Adam Carter as Elvis

5.30pm & 7.30pm

Crazy Ape

Moon, Have just had a thought. To ensure we have a good harvest Next Year Please exercise your enthusiasm at the next Spring equinox. I think your recent passion may have been too late for this year :o

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Hmmmm...I've been a member of this forum for 5 months...and tonight is the first time I've ever been able to use a different colour and font size and it actually worked !!!..

..previously when I've tried to insert tags they've never closed,neither by using or or by using the "close all tags" thingy...

Maybe I should be posting this in the bugs section!!??

Cheers.

Shirl.

Shirl. Is it a bug or is it me? I've just seen off the family after our Sunday evening meal! Well a while ago and I must admit to feeling very warm and cosy. I'm sur it's just the meal and not the fluid intake :D

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Doug...I really don't know mate..

Like I said,I've been tinkering with the tags for months now and had no joy whatsoever....but tonight it all worked spot-on!!!

I think it might be a forum anomally :unsure:

Cheers.

Shirl.