Test images uploaded

peter e

Regarding my previous posting about advice on the size etc of images to be used on a website...

I've now uploaded four test images (on my Outlook Express site) which were scanned at 75 dpi. Would some kind forum members have a look and give opinions on loading time, clarity etc.

The site I intend to create will have lots of images of old prints, so the above factors are obviously important. Also, opinions of a general nature about how to arrange such a site are welcome (say anything you like).

Thanks all.

Pete ;)

Click Here

Loaded quickly enough on BB, clarity to me seems fine at 1024 x 768, if more detail is required perhaps a link to a larger image with a 'loading time' warning ?

Not sure of the background colour though, possibly better on a fresher background colour,but that is just personal opinion only. I know nothing about displaying art :blink:

Thanks, Mark.

I don't intend to use that colour background. I just stuck them on a background and uploaded them. I haven't really thought too much about suitable background colours or anything. Just wanted to get the images right. Any suggestions for colours, layout etc are very welcome.

Thanks again. ;)

Pete

Guest Nellie2

Well they loaded fine for me on broadband but just before they did I got the red square, green circle and blue triangle...... some people on a slower connection might think there is nothing there and not wait if they see that. Did anyone else get that I wonder!!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
Well they loaded fine for me on broadband but just before they did I got the red square, green circle and blue triangle...... some people on a slower connection might think there is nothing there and not wait if they see that.  Did anyone else get that I wonder!!!

I tried the links 2 or 3 times and got nothing but the red square, green circle and blue triangle image as Nellie describes and a done message bottom left of Explorer window,so I aborted the d/loads.

I then scrolled down and read Nells post,tried again,and waited around 15 seconds and the images appeared.

I'm on 56K connection BTW.

Yes Nell...you were spot-on with your comments. :rolleyes:

(I am rather impatient and when I see the "done" comment,and nothing is there,I assume something is wrong and click the back button.)

Cheers.

Shirl.

Thanks, everyone.

Obviously, I need to do something to make them load more quickly on a 56K. I'll take the images down now and work on them some more. Funny thing is that some art sites have much bigger images than mine and they load fairly quickly on my dial-up. Mmmmm.

Thanks again. ;)

Pete