Watching photo's on DVD

doug

Need a bit of advice. Have just downloaded all the digi photo's from our holiday. As a major highlight was taking 10 year old G'daughter to the new Adventure Park and she ha a whale of a time I thought I'd give her mum, dad and other G'ma a treat and drop them all onto CD then they could look through them at leisure on their various DVD players and choose any particular ones that I could print at leisure. So this morning I created 2 CD's - one a straight data disk and also a VCD disk using Nero. Both played back extremely well on our DVD setup. So far so good. gave these 2 to Dani's mum and have just had a phone call to say that none of the disks could be read so shot round there and sure enough "No disk" error. The data disk played OK on their old laptop but the old and small monitor didn't do any justice to the shots. Dani, mum and new Dad are coming round to us tomorrow to have a showing. My question is "whats up doc"? Their Dvd player is about 6 years old, not sure about her Dad's player but Dani's other G'ma has a newish Dvd Player. So any suggestions as to what to do next. I don't want to post the copies of the ones I've just created and then find they don't work etc.

Its probably just their old players.

I think they have trouble reading VCD`s and the start menu`s.

Also the early DVD players will not play copies, a copyright thing the early makers sorted out, I had one I paid mega money for, didn`t like homemade stuff, paid 35€ for one and it plays anything.

I use Picasa`s gift CD to do mine on.