Windows Updates Downloader

Chris

This is a small utility that I've created that allows you to download all of the current Windows critical updates. All updates are downloaded directly from microsoft.com to your computer with a single mouse click. I will be keeping this program up to date, adding features and removing bugs. Feedback is appreciated.

WUD.gif

More | Here

• 4 weeks later...

Struggling a bit here Chris. I've installed the downloader. But how do I download all the updates to a separate file? All I seem to be able to do is dpwnload and install the latest updates. I want them all from SP2 so I can update after a re-install before I go back on-line. Had a nasty experience last time.

Create a folder on your desktop called "W Update" or whatever and click "Change" and select the new folder. All Updates will then download to this folder.

You might want to take a look at this to make installing the Critical updates faster and it's easier than it looks!

You might want to take the slipstreamig option though... :unsure:

Here is one I did for myself and this is just critical updates that can be installed after XP has finished installing. Download!!

However no matter what, you'll still have to go to Windows Updates to get a few updates...but it shouldn't take long [about 5 mins] ;)

:rolleyes:

Well I'm back. Couldn't manage to activate those files Chris, even though I had extracted them to a separate folder. Tried the update but that would only look for an internet connection - no way until I had some additional security. So I installed AVG, then ZA - then went on-line and downloaded all 60 files. Of course the connection speed had dropped right down to about 480 kb/s (meantioned problems in my thread on changing to TT) so that took an hour!Anyway I'm up and running now. Only snag so far is funny KB the @ is in fact " - managed to suss that out the hard way. Scratching my head to remember the KB change to make. It's a Logitech KB and installed as a standard 102 KB. Sorry gone orf topic. System does seem to be much crisper now.