Windows XP 3D Game Installation Problem

Hey I have a problem I have a 3D I want to play at first it was slow to play to took 2 to 3 seconds to load the pages when I was moving around in the game I went off to buy a graphic card. It improve a lot more but it still takes less than seconds it freezes for a while when I am moving around the game it acts slow it freezes. My question is could it be my mother board that is to old or my graphic card?

Here is computer hardware

Amd Anthlon™ Processor 1.10Ghz

512Mb of Ram

200 GB Hard drive Seagate

Diamond StealthS85 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9250 AGP

(the computer originally came with Widows ME I updated to Widnows Xp Home Edition

Here are the game requirements to play

• --With a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM (such as nvidia GeForce 2 or better or ATI Radeon 7000 or better):

• Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000

• 800 MHz P3 processor

• 256 MB RAM

• At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

• --Without a non-T&L capable video card (such as TNT2 or Intel Integrated for example):

• Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000

• 2.0 GHz processor or better

• 256 MB RAM

• At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

• Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):

• ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better): adeon 7000/VE series (non-T&L requires 2.0 GHz processor), 7200, 7500, 8500, All-In-Wonder 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X800

• Nvidia® QuadroTM series: Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

• Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better): GeForce2, GeForce3, 3 Ti, GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440, GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950, GeForce 6600, 6800

• Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L requires 2.0 GHz processor): 82845, 82865, 82915

Hi kos99ngel and welcome to WF.

Have you tried turning all the detail down and turning off Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering? Also, what game is it you're trying to play?

Sometimes the specifications they list are a little optimistic to say the least; so if your system meets the minimum requirements that are listed for a game, the game play can be slow and verging on unplayable.

Hi kos99ngel and welcome to WF.

Have you tried turning all the detail down and turning off Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering? Also, what game is it you're trying to play?

Sometimes the specifications they list are a little optimistic to say the least; so if your system meets the minimum requirements that are listed for a game, the game play can be slow and verging on unplayable.

Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering? What are those they;re in the game menu

the game is the sims2

Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering? What are those they;re in the game menu

the game is the sims2

As per CW's links above, Anti-aliasing(AA)sharpens the edges on images and Anisotropic filtering(AF)sharpens textures on distant images. Try disabling both in the game menu and see if that helps. I would make sure that both AA and AF are set to application controlled in your ATI control panel.

I notice your CPU specification only just meets the minimum requirements for the game and your graphics card is probably struggling as it isn't that powerful.

I did the Anti-aliasing & Anisotropic_filtering it made a lil difference but after playin gth egame for a while it started acting slow again

Well I am planning on changing my motherboard along with my processor what would you guys recommend witch motherboard board? Would I need to change my graphic card also?

personally i would by a amd X2 3800+ if you wanted to go that far.

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562)

as for mobo, for compatibilty reasons i would suggest a

ASRock 939Dual-VSTA Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD Motherboard

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157097)

as far as sims goes, i have a hell of a time playing it on a 2.8ghz p4 with ht with 1gb of ram and a 6600 gtoc by BFG, so your not the only one, bad programming if you ask me.