WindowsBlinds

Coreper

Can you give a link to the program you mean?

If it is one of the programs I think it is (provides different backgrounds/wallpaper etc.) e.g. this one then personally I think it is a waste of resources.

I've often commented on here that if these fripperies are of importance to you then there is something lacking in your life.

I use a computer. I don't just sit in front of it looking at pretty backgrounds and stuff that it displays of its own accord.

This may seem harsh and it may make me appear old fashioned (perhaps I am :) ) but I do have better things to do with my time than sit at my computer doing nothing.

Hi Coreper.

I tried Windowblinds a while ago and never encountered problems when using it. It basically changes the look of XP. There were a few different skins that came with it that you could try, and more were available via download and you could change the skin by opening the Windowblinds control panel. I found it quite easy to use.

HTH, dagwoood.

Yes - not only old fashioned but old.

My choice of desktop wallpaper is a plain dark green. I have the "Crystal" theme installed, though, as my granddaughters think it looks better and, in situations like that, they are the boss.

There are a number of choices of desktop wallpaper available already in XP. Don't any of those appeal to you?