Tools and toys

A colleague sent me a memo on two cool tools:

UltraExplorer at http://www.mustangpeak.net/ultraexplorer.html. It allows multiple panes, multiple tabs, is fully customizable, and just totally cool! For someone who uses Windows Explorer a lot, this will make life much easier.

ExplorerXP at http://www.explorerxp.com/. Not as flexible as above, but with one very useful addition: it shows the total amount of diskspace used in each folder or subfolder. Great if you need to know where your diskspace is being used up.

You must be psychic - ExplorerXP is exactly what I need at present to reorganise my folders and files now knowing in one screen the disc space used by each folder or file.

I had a look at UltraExplorer as well - but it looks to be a steep learning curve and is more complex than I need.

Good find Pat. ....... :flowers:

Thanks. I have also installed ExplorerXP, but not UltraExplorer. It may come in handy one day, but today I don't need it.

Did you find how to open new tabs? Right-click on a target (in the left pane), then select ExplorerXP. Very useful.

I noticed that large folders need some time to calculate and display the entire folder contents' size. But that doesn't really bother me.

You must be psychic - ExplorerXP is exactly what I need at present to reorganise my folders and files now knowing in one screen the disc space used by each folder or file.

I agree these finds look good. I shall give 'em a try myself.

Until now I have been using:

Free Commander

and

space monger 2.1

I think they are worth a look.Try 'em yerself, they are both Freebies :)