Adjusting settings after a reinstall

JesseJ1935

For reasons I don't really need to go into just now, I've had to do a complete reinstall of XP Home, with SP2. I should add that I haven't got around to downloading all the updates yet from Microsoft.

I don't know how it came about exactly but I've ended up with the O.S. installed on a partition (F) as well as on the main partition ©. All I can think of is that while it was doing it's own thing I clicked somewhere when I should not have clicked and instead of wiping C I installed XP on F. And I'll say it before anybody else, I'm a ****** fool. So I ended up with C untouched and had to start from the beginning. Now when I boot up I am given the option of booting into either. I have been My Computer and F is blank, nothing on it at all, and yes, I had selected 'Show Hidden Files'. The question is, how do I get rid of it please?

Also on booting up I am asked for a password, I don't have one and have to click on continue which it's quite happy to do. How do I get rid of this, it never used to before? Going into User Accounts I got rid of the Welcome bit.

That will do for now I think though there is one more thing which doesn't suit which it is now doin on shut down but I'll leave that for now while I have a think on how best to describe it.