Animations in Emails

A friend has sent me an Email which has an animated graphic in the body of the message - rather than an attachment.

I know I can forward the message to others and include the animation - but how do I save the animation as a .gif file on my hard drive for other purposes.

right-click the image, select "save image as" ?

Unless of course if you use thunderbird or outlook.

Then you might wanna try and see if there is anykind of attachments to it, or a save as function...

I tried that using Outlook and Outlook Express - but the only format available is .bmp which simply copies one of the graphic images and not the animation. I guess the originator inseted a .gif animation into the body of the Email.

Hang on a minute - just had a thought...

Sorry to keep you waiting.

I just interrupted this typing to try opening the message using my ISP webmail - and it works. A right click on the image gives you the opportunity to save as a .gif file - which is animated.

Hence my problem is solved........ :yahoo:

Any email that came to me with a .gif/.jpg/any other graphic in the body of the text would be deleted immediately whilst still in ePrompter. Having been caught once (a very long time ago) by a virus disguised as a graphic, I'm not going to let it happen again, no matter how well I know the sender.

Even if a graphic comes as an attachment, I am very careful with my checking before I open it.