C-dillacdac11ba

Guest ellas

Guest ellas

anyone else got this in services in event viewer,tried disabling it but it renables itself,also creates a new file if deleted,its apparently put in by some program to stop illegal cd copying not sure which one it could be on mine.

post-15-1058883198_thumb.jpg

did a google search on this and it seems to relate to Turbo-Tax pro....don't know if you run this or have in the past but heres the link....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ut...C-dillacdac11ba

How do I uninstall TurboTax 2002 and remove the associated Macrovision SafeCast® (C-Dilla) components from my computer?

Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP:

Log on to your computer as an administrator using your administrator user name and password. (If necessary, refer to Windows Help for assistance.)

On the Windows taskbar, click Start, choose Programs, choose TurboTax [version] 2002, and then choose Uninstall.

Click Yes at the message "This will permanently remove this program from your computer. Are you sure that you wish to continue?"

Click Yes To All in the Remove Shared File window, and then click OK.

After TurboTax has been removed from your computer, run the SafeCast Uninstaller

http://vcast.v4c23.net/web/servlet/PlayMov...Uninstaller.exe

hope this helps

Guest ellas

think your wrong about it not being to stop copyrights as I got this from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,532...ity,1~mode=flat

That file shows up as a "Macrovision RTS Service", and is located in the windows/system32/drivers directory. I stopped the service with task manager, but noticed that it started again when I ran TT2002 (Basic). I disabled the 'C-DillaCdaC11BA' service, and found that TT2002 still seemed to run normally... but then found that it changed the service from "disabled" back to "automatic" and re-started the service! Evil!

I renamed the 'CDAC11BA.EXE' file to 'CDAC11BA_EXE.safe', made sure the service was stopped and disabled, and then ran TT2002. It placed a new copy of 'CDAC11BA.EXE' in the windows/system32/drivers directory, set the service back to "automatic" and started it! Really evil!

Macrovision provides the SafeCast technology to Intuit, and this is apparently what ensures that you run the program on one machine only. It probably plays some role in the initial program registration process, but maybe also has something to do with the ability to "unlock" the "Deluxe" version (if they finally succeed in beating you into submission).

Guest ellas

I've got a feeling its been installed by audio cleaning labs 3.0 as I've got some tapes that I want to put on cd,and theres a option in there to unlock the deluxe version.