Error In Explorer!!

poppy1910

EXPLORER has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL. Explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer!

im getting this alot lately, had it 3 times in the last hour, it just closes everything down, but doesnt disconnect me!!??? im confoodled! why is this happening, and is there anything i can do to stop it. restarting my pc doesnt do anything, id be grateful for any ideas!! thankyou x

I'd like to know why, why, why too 'cause it's happening to me a lot lately. Repairing IE does fix it, but only temporarily. A quick fix , for me , is to right click the desktop, go to 'active desktop/customise and change the background setting momentarily without applying. Then I reset my original background and apply it and the problem has gone. 'Til the next time.

thanks for your help guys, i seemed to have cured it. i graduated to internet explorer 6, and not had one since. sorry about being so vague in my original message, im a stupid bint sometimes too, because i forgot to put my op etc lol. im on windows millenium for future reference lol, and i was on ie 5.5, version 6.0.2800.110615. but ie 6 seems to work better for me. again thankyou xx