Question about remote desktop on windows 2003 server

shingo

I have a question on remote desktop on windows server 2003, when I connect to the server on a already opened session, it seem to create a new session, not resume the already open one.

Example : on windows XP, I log into my account directly and open a word document, then I can go to another computer and connect remotly to windows XP, log in and I will see that word document still open.

On windows 2003, if I do the same thing, it will open a new session without the word document, If I go back directly to the computer, I can still see the document, but I can not do it remotly.

Is there any option for the remote desktop to fix the problem?

thank you.

The reason it does that is because the Remote Desktop for Server 2k3 is alil different.

With 2k3 you can have a local session (the console), and a remote desktop connection going simultaniously with the same user (i believe it has to be the administrator, but Im not 100% on that.)

What you want to do is connect to the console, which you could do from the command line remote desktop client.

mstsc /v:yourserverip /console

(and you could specify what height/width you want to use for the connection or it will default to full screen or whatever is the default setting for your configuration. youd just use /w:800 /h:640 for 800x600

Or save the settings with the Remote Desktop client to an rdp file, and then run

mstsc savedrdpfilename.rdp /console