I Thought I Was Unshockable....

Guest moon

....until I got talking to a guy recently who'd not long been released from prison. He told me that his barrister's offer to the judge of twenty thousand pounds had already been topped by the prosecution barrister. Whilst inside he was visited by representatives of high-ranking legal officials and 'persuaded' to end his appeal.

I'm saying this now as I've just seen an interview with a top copper, on the telly, who was stressing, with sincerity, I thought, that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way the police conducted their pursuit of the ten suspected drug barons who were today released on a technicality.

Taking into account the extensive costs for court time, massive defence costs, and the money police spent during the lengthy investigation, the taxpayer is expected to be left with a bill estimated at £25 million.

Possible civil actions by defendants seeking compensation will add to the financial fall-out.

During his three-day judgement, the judge strongly condemned both the investigation and the way in which the case was subsequently handled. But he made clear any criticisms levelled at the police were based on their "incompetence" - there was no question whatsoever of "bad faith".

The Guardian

The possibility of people who used the fake illegal money laundering service offered by the "honey-pot" company....does not surprise me in the slightest..

I cannot say things like this shock me anymore ,..................as were all sitting in the toilet , with the flush chain already pulled.....!........Its only a matter of time before we reach the inevitable cesspit....

If the judiciary system is bent, and I now have good reason to believe that it is, the police will be very much aware of it and probably powerless to do anything about it. Consequently, the pressure on the police to make a bit on the side must be huge. Those honest coppers that remain are exposed to the whims of their criminal superiors. Who monitors the UK police anyway ?